Archiving messages means removing email messages from your Gmail inbox and keeping them safe in your Archive folder. You can always find the archived messages later. Gmail users can move message to Gmail archive for safekeeping rather than putting them in a trash can. Gmail Archive messages are always safe in your Gmail account.
Whenever you delete a message instead of archiving, it will be deleted permanently after about 30 days. Another importance of Gmail archive is that the archived messages stay in your account in case you need to find a phone number in someone’s signature.
How To Make a Message Gmail Archive?
- Go to www.gmail.com.
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Open a message or just select the checkbox right next to it.
- Click the Archive button from the top.
Repeating the same process, you can move multiple messages into Gmail archive folder. Just select the multiple message for this.
If you want to undo this process or if you want to move the archive messages back to your inbox, then follow these steps :
- Find the messages. Finding messages is very easy. At the top of the page, you can see the search box. Search from that.
- Open the message or select the checkbox right next to it.
- Click Move to Inbox button in the toolbar.
In case you want message to move in Gmail Archive automatically, then you can set up your own filters to automatically archive certain kinds of messages.
Share and Enjoy
Unlike Google search engine, Gmail.com is not available in multiple languages. Only one version of Gmail is available i.e. Gmail English. Gmail English i.e. www.gmail.com is the only and the most famous Gmail version available. Users do not have privilege to use Gmail in multiple languages.
How To Login To Gmail English?
- Go to www.gmail.com from your web-browser.
- If you are already logged in to your Gmail account, you will be taken to the Gmail Inbox.
- If you haven’t, then you can choose an account from the available ones or Add a new one by clicking on the ‘Add account’ link.
- If you have chosen from the available ones, enter your password on the empty field then click on Sign In button.
- If you have chosen Add account link, enter your Email address on the first field.
- Type in your Password on the next field. Finally hit the Sign in button to proceed.
This way you can log in to Gmail.com english account. In this The sign in process will be successful if both of the log in credentials are right. Otherwise, you will receive a log in error message.
Remember that you can use the same Google account in order to use other Google services except Gmail such as Google Drive, Google Plus, Google Play, Google Store, YouTube, etc.
Share and Enjoy
Gmail CPS is a training website and blog for Chicago Public Schools on Gmail.com. Chicago Public Schools, officially classified as City of Chicago School District #299 for funding and districting reasons, in Chicago, Illinois and is the third largest school district in the United States.
You need permission and privilege from the school itself to have the access over the CPS services. The Google@CPS training website is available now for those who have access. You will be able to know all about Gmail, Calendar, Docs and sites inside out. Gmail users can create their own new account with sufficient permission for Gmail CPS.
How To Log In To Gmail CPS?
- Go to google.cps.edu/.
- You can see the Sign In box.
- Type in your Username i.e. email@example.com format.
- Enter your Password on the next field.
- Finally hit the green Sign In button in order to proceed.
Gmail CPS log in can be best experienced in Google Chrome. CPS is deploying Chrome onto all CPS computers. Internet Explorer will remain the default browser for all other CPS applications.
To forward FirstClass messages to your Google@CPS account
- Open the message from your FirstClass mailbox or conference container.
- Select the Forward icon from your Toolbar, or click Message>Forward.
- Type in your own email address : firstname.lastname@example.org in the To: line as the recipient.
- Click Send from your toolbar and the message will be redirected to your Google@CPS account.
Share and Enjoy
If you want to send an email via Gmail.com and you want to schedule or delay a send at same time, then there is a special feature called Gmail delay send. Gmail delay send is is one of the top 10 requested features in G mail which gives you the ability to schedule sending of messages.
code.google.com/p/gmail-delay-send/ is the website specially made for this purpose. This was all possible with the release of the Google App Scripts API. This feature will allow you to setup a system to compose email messages and schedule them to be sent a a particular time. Gmail delay send does just like what scheduling tool does. Gmail users can create email messages on any platforms (e.g. mobile/tablet/desktop) and what is left to do is apply a label & specify the time to send the email.
Steps to Use Gmail Delay Send :
- Go to code.google.com/p/gmail-delay-send/
- Under the How do I install? topic you can see the link to the Gmail Delay address. Click on that one.
- There is another link that accepts the authentication request. Click on page for that. This may take several minutes to open.
- Hit the Continue button to proceed.
- Now you can authorize Gmail delay send access these parts of your Google account.
- Click the Accept button to continue. After you accept, the authentication process is done.
- You will receive an email from Google Scripts that gives the script access to your account. A link for Uninstall is given if you would like to uninstall.
- Wait for 5 minutes for everything to run.
- Now you can see the new link of Gmail Delay send on the left sidebar of your Gmail homepage.
This is one of the best Gmail extensions you can install for free.
Share and Enjoy
Google itself is a huge global community. Gmail.com is a web-based email service provided by Google Inc. Other services of Google includes Google Drive, Google Docs, Sky Drive, Google Alerts, Keyword Planner, etc. Whatever Google service you use, you get online Support for anything.
Gmail Blog is one of the best examples how responsible and user-oriented Google is. Gmail blog is an official blog of the web-based mail service, with latest news, developments and productivity tips. gmaiblog.blogspot.com is a official Gmail blog.
On the homepage of Gmail blog, you can see the list of articles. But if you want read the full article, then click on the title to read. Unlike forums, you cannot discuss with the members here on certain topic, in this case Gmail. All you can do in blog is read articles that you want to read. There are other kinds of blogs that you can be a part of. Other blogs include :
- Official Google Blog
- Public Policy Blog
- Student Blog
- Google for Work Blog
- Chrome Blog
- Official Android Blog
- Ads Developer Blog
- Android Developer Blog
Those are the lists of different Gmail supported blogs. You can go to Gmail Help center for other problems.
Share and Enjoy
Gmail is a free email service provide by Google Inc. Gmail.com comes with lots of features and extra services, more like unique features. Gmail SMS, Gmail for business are the best features of gmail.com. Other than all these, users can add other extensions to their account. Extensions are the small programs which are used to add new features. Gmail works totally fine with all the web-browsers, but for the greater experience Google Chrome is recommended.
You can add lots of Gmail extensions on your Chrome browser. Almost all of them are free of cost. So you do not have to worry about cost. Some of the best Gmail extensions includes Gmail notifier, Gmail boomerang, Checker plus for Gmail, etc. Downloading and installing any Gmail extensions is very easy, actually.
7 best Gmail extensions that you can download are:
Gmelius is totally free of cost. This extension help you protect your privacy and boost your email productivity. It helps you to turn your Gmail inbox the you way want it. You can have your original compose window back or clicking the logo in order to return back to the inbox. It enables you to hide ads too.
- KeyRocket for Gmail
This is another free extension for Gmail that you can add. Gmail shortcuts are very useful feature in order to save your time and for easy activity. But you cannot remember every single one of them, right? So for that purpose, KeyRocket tracks your action and shows you pop-up suggestions in real time. This way you can learn shortcuts pretty easily.
- Gmail Offline
This is probably the most recommended extension for gmail. Your extension collection is incomplete without this. No internet connection? That is not a problem now. Users can read, search and respond the messages. You just can receive and send new email messages.
- Checker Plus for Gmail
It is the best extension for users who have multiple Gmail accounts. What is does is gives you fast access via drop-down menu in Chrome, desktop notification, color coding and even voice input for composing emails.
- Secure Mail for Gmail
Every users are concern with their account security. For this purpose, Secure Mail comes in handy. This free extension promises to prevent from your emails getting snatched on the internet path with the help of encryption/decryption tool.
You can download and install all these Gmail extensions from chrome.google.com/webstore.
Share and Enjoy
Gmail SMS is one of the best services from Google. Gmail is not just another email service provider. You have lots of ways to communicate with you friends and contacts that is on your Google/Gmail Contacts. If you already have a Gmail account, then you can use to start a video chat. Users will be able to view all the chat history.
Gmail users could send free SMS to contacts in g mail using Gmail chat. It was one of the best Google applications via SMS text message. But sending SMS messages to mobile contacts through Google Chat was discontinued in April 1, 2014 for all the supported mobile operators. Other Gmail SMS applications include Calendar SMS, Google Voice Text messages, Blogger Mobile and Google+ SMS.
More About Gmail SMS Application
- SMS in Gmail
You can send free SMS to your contacts from Gmail.com.
- Calendar SMS
You can check your Google calendar, events on the go.
- Google Voice Text Messages
You have to remember that Google Talk is different than Google Voice Text Messages. Send and receive text messages via Google Voice.
- Blogger Mobile
You can keep your readers updated and informed wherever you are.
- Google+ SMS
You can get the SMS notifications for Google+ without any data, service.
Gmail SMS has more benefits that all these. You get SMS from Google, in this case, Gmail. You will receive SMS from Gmail for account verification. Other reasons why you get Gmail SMS are if you want to reset your password, if you want to get notification about changing your account, if you want 2-step verification and others.
Basically Gmail SMS is used to protect your Google account and for additional security. All these SMS services from Google are totally free. It doesn’t charge you anything to receive notifications.
Share and Enjoy
Most of the free web-mail services allow users to send medium size files that can be attached to the text email. The service provider define itself the size and volume of the data that could be attached. Today’s most of the official communication is email based, even some virtual office platform operates only using emails as a means for frequent communication between employee and employers.
The file limitation sometimes block your message that could be delivered on time but Gmail.com drive feature will let you attach the file and share with your friends. Initially the Gmail drive will provide you 15 GB of space completely free where you can upload many file types of files, mainly most people use it for text document and image storage. Check your Gmail attachment limit by yourself.
Steps to attach and share files in Gmail:
- Log in to your Gmail account and open compose window.
- At the bottom of the same window you can see the paperclip sign, this icon represented there for attaching extra files to the same email message.
- Once you clicked on the icon, the new pop up window will appear, select the files you are going to send.
- Here comes the point where you might get stuck, you can upload the file size up to 25 megabits, if you file size exceeds the limit then the message could not be sent.
- The next option that you can do here is use the Google drive, open your Gmail account and go for ‘drive’.
- Upload the file and make a list of similar file which you are trying to share with someone else from your friend list.
- On the home page of Gmail drive, at the top right side there is ‘share’ button, click on that to proceed further.
- At this point you can see the new window, where you have to find the person from your friend list and select it. If the person is not available in your friend list then you can search him by entering his/him email address.
- Once you find the person click ‘share’ and it’s done. On Google sharing platform you can edit and comment on the file from both side.
15 GB is the Gmail attachment limit. If in case that is not enough, then there is Google Drive.
Share and Enjoy
Gmail Inbox is just like a letter box where all your letters are safe in one box. In Gmail login inbox, all your incoming emails are saved according to different categories. In order to access Gmail inbox, you have to login to your Gmail account first. Gmail.com is very easy to use and the interface is user-friendly.
How to access Gmail Inbox?
- First of all, go to the address gmail.com.
- If you have signed in to any of your Gmail account, then you will be directly take to that account.
- If not then, you you will taken to Gmail login page from where you can choose an account from multiple one.
- Enter your password and then hit the ‘Sign in’ button.
- Now you can access your Gmail inbox. Read any mails that you want. For that, just click on the email that you want to read.
Different tabs in Gmail Inbox
These are different tabs in Gmail login inbox. By default, all the emails that you receive in your Gmail address are included in Inbox section. But you can break it down and make it easier for you to select the emails according to the categories. Therefore, tabs. In Social, emails from Social media sites like Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, YouTube are included. In Promotions, emails from Google Analytics and other services that you have subscribed are included. Personal, auto-generated updates including confirmations, receipts, bills and statements falls under the Updates tab. In Forums tab, messages from online groups, discussion boards can be found.
There are three icons at the left hand side of every email messages. The one is to make a selection for different activities such as archiving it, reporting as spam, deleting it, moving to another folder and others. For all this, just tick the box, move your cursor to the top and select different icons for different activities. Another two icons right next to each email are for marking as starred and marking as important. There are different folders for Starred and Important at the left hand side of the Gmail email page.
Remember that, the emails with the highlight is unread one. Click on the right-left arrow at the top-right hand side of the page in order to move to another page.
Share and Enjoy
The traditional approach of web mailing services are continuously evolving, not only the service providers is solely dedicated towards the development of features but other third party companies also developing small pieces of programs that can add extra layer of service utility in the main program. Boomerang is third party plugin that we can use in Gmail, as well as others to add to more functionality such as mail scheduling, reminders etc. Boomerang works on both Google apps account and Gmail; it is also available on other browsers as well such as safari, Firefox etc.
Boomerang Gmail enables the scheduling of the email messages, just write down the message content and pick up the date when it should be send. The feature is also available on some email client such as Microsoft outlook. Once you installed this plugin in your web browser or Gmail, you can see the separate button representing boomerang. Inside boomerang there are list of actions that you can use to manipulate and organize our mailing activities. There are exist inbuilt time templates and further you can also customize the time period according to your requirement. Boomerang main purpose is time management across the different process within the whole webmail service. It establishes the time awareness or quantum method which helps us to access our given services inside particular time frameworks.
Another great feature of boomerang Gmail is that it offers reminders in many variables, such as birthdays, bill deadline, travel etc. the reminder feature also alert when you had forgotten some emails to reply. It will track your every email on timely basis and manage them according the user priority, especially the marketing email that you had subscribed for informational purpose. Within this it will notify you when a new lead appears. The boomerang is completely free for the fixed number of emails messages but if are looking for some bigger or corporate email then you can go for the premium packages. On other hand we can say that boomerang is the missing part of Gmail.com that completes all real time necessary features for the complete webmail package. Other Gmail apps include Gmail notifier, etc.
Share and Enjoy