Spam or Junk emails are virtually inevitable in any email system, unless you keep the account idle. Sometimes some unwanted subscriptions are very stubborn that you continue receiving ‘junk’ emails even after you unsubscribe. You can always mark the unwanted emails as ‘spam’ and directly send it to the Gmail Spam Folder without it appearing in your Inbox.
To send an email in the Inbox to Gmail Spam Folder, two easy steps will suffice:
- In the Inbox tab, click the small square on the left of the email that you consider junk.
Or open the email to check if it is actually a ‘spam’. More options will appear above the emails.
- Hover your mouse over the the icons above the emails and click on ‘Report Spam’ button.
This will remove all the emails from the sender in the Inbox and transfer them to the Spam Folder.
Incase you mark spam a not-spam email, you get an immediate ‘undo’ option to bring back the email to the Inbox folder.
And, if you are late to do the undo, and want to mark Spam folder mail as ‘not spam’, follow these simple steps:
- Find ‘Spam’ folder.
The Gmail Junk Folder is not visible by default. You’ll have to click ‘More’ (or you may need to scroll down) on the left side of the screen to make ‘Spam’ folder visible.
- Then, as previously stated, click on the small square beside the required email you thin is not Spam.
- A ‘Not spam’ button will appear above the mails. Click it to send it back to Inbox folder.
In case you forget to do the Not Spamming, you’ll have 30 days to do so. Messages that have been in Spam more than 30 days will be automatically deleted. Which is a good thing too. Spam messages will not accumulate, and you will not have to keep deleting them regularly.
Moreover, you can also create a filter in Gmail.com to send those unwanted messages from specific addresses or domains directly to the ‘Spam’ folder, never to be seen. You can download ‘Block Sender for Gmail’ gmail extension for your web browser, or Manually create a filter from Settings tab in Gmail.
Share and Enjoy
Keyboard shortcuts are fastest way to do things in a computer. The simple combination of keys help you save time by allowing you to never take your hands off the keyboard to use the mouse. For instance, simply pressing Ctrl+Enter, or ⌘ + Enter in Mac can be use to send a composed message. You can figure the time difference and ease of using the shortcut key and clicking the ‘send’ button. Or, the ease of using arrow keys to navigate through the page and Enter key to perform an action is way much quicker than using mouse.
You’ll need a Standard 101/102-Key or Natural PS/2 Keyboard to use the shortcuts.
Some Gmail keyboard shortcuts are pre-enabled, and others need to be enabled before you can use them.
Follow these simple steps to turn on the Gmail Keyboard shortcuts that are not already enabled.
- Sign in to your Gmail account using your Gmail ID and Password from the Gmail sign in page (www.gmail.com)
- Then click the gear icon on the top right corner of the page.
- Select ‘Settings’ option.
- Find the ‘Keyboard shortcuts’ section and select ‘Keyboard shortcuts on’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button at the bottom of the page.
Here’s a list of quick Gmail Keyboard Shortcuts that can come in handy. You can always look for more from ‘Learn More’ link from the step 4 mentioned above.
- C = Compose an email
- X = Select an email
- SHIFT+3 = Delete an email
- J = Move down through your inbox (NOTE: The DOWN arrow also works, but it does NOT work if you are in an open email. J works all around.)
- K = Move up through your inbox (see the above NOTE)
- GI = Go back to the inbox (GD = go to drafts, GT = go to trash)
- / = Search your email
- Q = Open the chat box
- L = Label an email
- V = Move an email to a folder
- E = Archive an email
- Z = Undo anything
Share and Enjoy
Provided by Google, Gmail.com is one of the most popular and the most widely used web-based email services, with over 425 million active users worldwide. An estimate of about 60% of the mid-sized companies in the US are using Gmail. And, in May 2014, Gmail became the first app on the Google Play Store to hit one billion installations on Android devices. The numbers is not very surprising because the usability of Gmail is very versatile. From web browsers to mobile apps, Gmail can be used from almost every device, whether it runs on Android, Windows, or Apple OSs.
And to a surprise, a Gmail ID is all that is required to get access to all the different services offered by Gmail. From Google Drive for Cloud storage of your data to sending emails to making money transfers and payments to using your Android App store, one Gmail account can serve you with all of those. Here are list of the features you get with Gmail:
- Cloud Storage
- Gmail Labs which allows users to test new or experimental feature of Gmail.
- Tabbed Inbox to categorize emails under five available Tabs: Primary, Social, Promotions, Updates, and Forums.
- Gmail Spam Filter to manage spam mails.
- Gmail Mobile compatible to smaller mobile screens.
- Social Network Integration to connect through Google+
- Google Voice in Gmail Chat to make calls from Gmail account.
- Gmail Search to search for contacts, files and events.
- Support different language input.
- Money transfer and payment option via Google Wallet.
For all the services offered, www.gmail.com is the best place to start from. Visit www.gmail.com and use your Gmail ID and Password to sign in to your account. If you have forgotten your Email or Password, click ‘Need help?’ link for assistance to regain access to your account. And, in case you don’t have a Gmail ID already, click on the ‘Create an account’ link and follow the instructions to register for an account.
Share and Enjoy
Archiving messages means removing email messages from your Gmail inbox and keeping them safe in your Archive folder. You can always find the archived messages later. Gmail users can move message to Gmail archive for safekeeping rather than putting them in a trash can. Gmail Archive messages are always safe in your Gmail account.
Whenever you delete a message instead of archiving, it will be deleted permanently after about 30 days. Another importance of Gmail archive is that the archived messages stay in your account in case you need to find a phone number in someone’s signature.
How To Make a Message Gmail Archive?
- Go to www.gmail.com.
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Open a message or just select the checkbox right next to it.
- Click the Archive button from the top.
Repeating the same process, you can move multiple messages into Gmail archive folder. Just select the multiple message for this.
If you want to undo this process or if you want to move the archive messages back to your inbox, then follow these steps :
- Find the messages. Finding messages is very easy. At the top of the page, you can see the search box. Search from that.
- Open the message or select the checkbox right next to it.
- Click Move to Inbox button in the toolbar.
In case you want message to move in Gmail Archive automatically, then you can set up your own filters to automatically archive certain kinds of messages.
Share and Enjoy
Unlike Google search engine, Gmail.com is not available in multiple languages. Only one version of Gmail is available i.e. Gmail English. Gmail English i.e. www.gmail.com is the only and the most famous Gmail version available. Users do not have privilege to use Gmail in multiple languages.
How To Login To Gmail English?
- Go to www.gmail.com from your web-browser.
- If you are already logged in to your Gmail account, you will be taken to the Gmail Inbox.
- If you haven’t, then you can choose an account from the available ones or Add a new one by clicking on the ‘Add account’ link.
- If you have chosen from the available ones, enter your password on the empty field then click on Sign In button.
- If you have chosen Add account link, enter your Email address on the first field.
- Type in your Password on the next field. Finally hit the Sign in button to proceed.
This way you can log in to Gmail.com english account. In this The sign in process will be successful if both of the log in credentials are right. Otherwise, you will receive a log in error message.
Remember that you can use the same Google account in order to use other Google services except Gmail such as Google Drive, Google Plus, Google Play, Google Store, YouTube, etc.
Share and Enjoy
Gmail CPS is a training website and blog for Chicago Public Schools on Gmail.com. Chicago Public Schools, officially classified as City of Chicago School District #299 for funding and districting reasons, in Chicago, Illinois and is the third largest school district in the United States.
You need permission and privilege from the school itself to have the access over the CPS services. The Google@CPS training website is available now for those who have access. You will be able to know all about Gmail, Calendar, Docs and sites inside out. Gmail users can create their own new account with sufficient permission for Gmail CPS.
How To Log In To Gmail CPS?
- Go to google.cps.edu/.
- You can see the Sign In box.
- Type in your Username i.e. email@example.com format.
- Enter your Password on the next field.
- Finally hit the green Sign In button in order to proceed.
Gmail CPS log in can be best experienced in Google Chrome. CPS is deploying Chrome onto all CPS computers. Internet Explorer will remain the default browser for all other CPS applications.
To forward FirstClass messages to your Google@CPS account
- Open the message from your FirstClass mailbox or conference container.
- Select the Forward icon from your Toolbar, or click Message>Forward.
- Type in your own email address : firstname.lastname@example.org in the To: line as the recipient.
- Click Send from your toolbar and the message will be redirected to your Google@CPS account.
Share and Enjoy
If you want to send an email via Gmail.com and you want to schedule or delay a send at same time, then there is a special feature called Gmail delay send. Gmail delay send is is one of the top 10 requested features in G mail which gives you the ability to schedule sending of messages.
code.google.com/p/gmail-delay-send/ is the website specially made for this purpose. This was all possible with the release of the Google App Scripts API. This feature will allow you to setup a system to compose email messages and schedule them to be sent a a particular time. Gmail delay send does just like what scheduling tool does. Gmail users can create email messages on any platforms (e.g. mobile/tablet/desktop) and what is left to do is apply a label & specify the time to send the email.
Steps to Use Gmail Delay Send :
- Go to code.google.com/p/gmail-delay-send/
- Under the How do I install? topic you can see the link to the Gmail Delay address. Click on that one.
- There is another link that accepts the authentication request. Click on page for that. This may take several minutes to open.
- Hit the Continue button to proceed.
- Now you can authorize Gmail delay send access these parts of your Google account.
- Click the Accept button to continue. After you accept, the authentication process is done.
- You will receive an email from Google Scripts that gives the script access to your account. A link for Uninstall is given if you would like to uninstall.
- Wait for 5 minutes for everything to run.
- Now you can see the new link of Gmail Delay send on the left sidebar of your Gmail homepage.
This is one of the best Gmail extensions you can install for free.
Share and Enjoy
Google itself is a huge global community. Gmail.com is a web-based email service provided by Google Inc. Other services of Google includes Google Drive, Google Docs, Sky Drive, Google Alerts, Keyword Planner, etc. Whatever Google service you use, you get online Support for anything.
Gmail Blog is one of the best examples how responsible and user-oriented Google is. Gmail blog is an official blog of the web-based mail service, with latest news, developments and productivity tips. gmaiblog.blogspot.com is a official Gmail blog.
On the homepage of Gmail blog, you can see the list of articles. But if you want read the full article, then click on the title to read. Unlike forums, you cannot discuss with the members here on certain topic, in this case Gmail. All you can do in blog is read articles that you want to read. There are other kinds of blogs that you can be a part of. Other blogs include :
- Official Google Blog
- Public Policy Blog
- Student Blog
- Google for Work Blog
- Chrome Blog
- Official Android Blog
- Ads Developer Blog
- Android Developer Blog
Those are the lists of different Gmail supported blogs. You can go to Gmail Help center for other problems.
Share and Enjoy
Gmail is a free email service provide by Google Inc. Gmail.com comes with lots of features and extra services, more like unique features. Gmail SMS, Gmail for business are the best features of gmail.com. Other than all these, users can add other extensions to their account. Extensions are the small programs which are used to add new features. Gmail works totally fine with all the web-browsers, but for the greater experience Google Chrome is recommended.
You can add lots of Gmail extensions on your Chrome browser. Almost all of them are free of cost. So you do not have to worry about cost. Some of the best Gmail extensions includes Gmail notifier, Gmail boomerang, Checker plus for Gmail, etc. Downloading and installing any Gmail extensions is very easy, actually.
7 best Gmail extensions that you can download are:
Gmelius is totally free of cost. This extension help you protect your privacy and boost your email productivity. It helps you to turn your Gmail inbox the you way want it. You can have your original compose window back or clicking the logo in order to return back to the inbox. It enables you to hide ads too.
- KeyRocket for Gmail
This is another free extension for Gmail that you can add. Gmail shortcuts are very useful feature in order to save your time and for easy activity. But you cannot remember every single one of them, right? So for that purpose, KeyRocket tracks your action and shows you pop-up suggestions in real time. This way you can learn shortcuts pretty easily.
- Gmail Offline
This is probably the most recommended extension for gmail. Your extension collection is incomplete without this. No internet connection? That is not a problem now. Users can read, search and respond the messages. You just can receive and send new email messages.
- Checker Plus for Gmail
It is the best extension for users who have multiple Gmail accounts. What is does is gives you fast access via drop-down menu in Chrome, desktop notification, color coding and even voice input for composing emails.
- Secure Mail for Gmail
Every users are concern with their account security. For this purpose, Secure Mail comes in handy. This free extension promises to prevent from your emails getting snatched on the internet path with the help of encryption/decryption tool.
You can download and install all these Gmail extensions from chrome.google.com/webstore.
Share and Enjoy
Gmail SMS is one of the best services from Google. Gmail is not just another email service provider. You have lots of ways to communicate with you friends and contacts that is on your Google/Gmail Contacts. If you already have a Gmail account, then you can use to start a video chat. Users will be able to view all the chat history.
Gmail users could send free SMS to contacts in g mail using Gmail chat. It was one of the best Google applications via SMS text message. But sending SMS messages to mobile contacts through Google Chat was discontinued in April 1, 2014 for all the supported mobile operators. Other Gmail SMS applications include Calendar SMS, Google Voice Text messages, Blogger Mobile and Google+ SMS.
More About Gmail SMS Application
- SMS in Gmail
You can send free SMS to your contacts from Gmail.com.
- Calendar SMS
You can check your Google calendar, events on the go.
- Google Voice Text Messages
You have to remember that Google Talk is different than Google Voice Text Messages. Send and receive text messages via Google Voice.
- Blogger Mobile
You can keep your readers updated and informed wherever you are.
- Google+ SMS
You can get the SMS notifications for Google+ without any data, service.
Gmail SMS has more benefits that all these. You get SMS from Google, in this case, Gmail. You will receive SMS from Gmail for account verification. Other reasons why you get Gmail SMS are if you want to reset your password, if you want to get notification about changing your account, if you want 2-step verification and others.
Basically Gmail SMS is used to protect your Google account and for additional security. All these SMS services from Google are totally free. It doesn’t charge you anything to receive notifications.
Share and Enjoy