So you have a g-mail account and one of the main problems every user has is forgetting their password. However, with Gmail account recovery options, you can recover your account easily. But how do you do that? No worries. This article is just to help you with this problem.
Gmail Account Recovery Steps :
- Firstly go to http://www.gmail.com to log into your G-mail account.
- Then, you will be asked to choose the account you might want to log in as the new feature of Google.com will automatically save any Google account that you have used up to now no matter what browser you are using.
- Then, by selecting the account you want to use, you will be asked to re-enter your Google ID’s password.
- So in the case where you do not remember your password, just click on the ‘Need Help?’ link.
- Then you will be re-directed to Google.com’s page where it will have the headline – Having Trouble Singing In? There will be three options which will be;
- ‘I don’t know my password’ Option: It will allow you to reset your password but you will need to enter your g mail address. Fill up the gmail account recovery form. Then click on Continue where you will be lead to another page which will require you enter the last password you can remember. It will direct you to the option of changing your password if your password does match previous passwords you had used.
- ‘I don’t know my username’ Option: Choosing this option, you can select two options – ‘Enter Your Recovery E-mail Address’ or ‘Enter Your Recovery Phone Number’. You would just have to pick one and enter the information required. Then, an e-mail or a text message or an automated phone call will occur depending on the option you would choose. Next, fill in the information of the First and Last of your Google.com account that you had used when you first made that account. Lastly, you would need to enter the verification code that is shown in the verification code image. You would then need to click on submit and information about recovering your account will be sent to you.
- ‘I am having other problems singing in’ Option: This will require you to enter your g-mail address or any other e-mail addresses that you might have associated with this g-mail account. This will certainly help you with Gmail account recovery.
- If the above Options still is not able to help you recover your account, one last option would be to visit Google’s password assistance page – https://accounts.google.com/RecoverAccount?fpOnly=1. However if your account cannot be recovered then creating a new G-mail ID is better as Google is quite serious about protecting the privacy and security of all Google.com’s users.
Share and Enjoy
It offers huge range of functionality which are completely necessary and useful while surfing email or other operations. You can install any desktop email client on your PC and sign in to your gmail account but it is not necessary in case of G-mail because by making some changes on settings menu will enable the automatic notifications on your desktop. This means you are not installing any third party software just to add some more functionality. This is inbuilt function available on Gmail and any one can use for their desktop computer.
The feature of Gmail.com that alerts you about the recently received email is like the cellphone; you are getting and responding messages on real time. You can also made the selection about what kind message will only notify, if someone is very important then you can mark that user on high priority. Similarly you can turn on this feature for newly received emails only or you can turn it off when you find it irritating.
You can go through the below mentioned steps to enable Gmail desktop notifications :
- Open the Gmail and sign in using your Google username and password
- Now you can see the ‘cog’ icon on the upper right section, then select the ‘setting’ button. Click the gear in the top right.
- Scroll down little bit under the ‘general tab’ till you can see the ‘Gmail Desktop Notifications’
- Once you find that option you can simply enable it by clicking or tick marking on it. Now every time you will get new message you will be alerted by this feature.
- Choose one of the options:
- New mail notifications on: If you use inbox categories, you’ll only be notified about messages in Primary.
- Important mail notifications on: You’ll be notified about every incoming messages marked as important.
- Mail notifications off
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
These are the steps to enable Gmail desktop notifications. These notifications are available for Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
Share and Enjoy
Gmail.com is one fast and highly featured free web-mail service supported by the Google in the back-end, many claims that G mail is the best solution for sending and receiving voluminous data. As we already know Google is one giant vendor of internet world offering verities of services such as android, YouTube, Google earth, Google plus, Google search engine etc. Gmail.com also offers the storage for email and other data as well, Google drive is the Google based cloud computing services; we can all use all the Google services using the same account as we used it for Gmail.
The interface of My Gmail inbox is fully customizable; we can change the theme available on different color and add other frequently used features. Gmail also allows the free access of third party cookies and plugins. These plugins and cookies help the user to extend some functionality on the existing system. If you are new user for Gmail then open the Google homepage and click on the ‘sign up’, else you can sign on your account by simply using your username and password.
You can follow the below mentioned steps to access My Gmail inbox:
- Go to google.com
- You can see the sign-in option on the right corner of Gmail home page, at this point you might get confused because the instruction you see there might be on your local language.
- Enter you Google email address as the username and password
- Once you signed in you can see the option “Gmail” on the right corner of the page
- Clicking on the same icon will load your inbox message, now you can browse any message you want to
You can get up to 15 GB of free storage in the Gmail drive, this space include My Gmail inbox messages, other document photos, videos etc. the G-mail is already known as the most secure way for sending message over the internet and all messages are encrypted.
Share and Enjoy
Gmail is a web-based email service provided by Google. Gmai.coml is linked to many different features of Google such as Google Drive, Youtube, Android OS, Google Chrome, etc. Also, with a Gmail ID, data can be synced between different devices. For example, sharing Google Chrome history between a PC and a mobile device like smartphones. Thus, the Google Chrome history can be termed as Gmail history as well.
Google chrome is one of the most used web browsers. So, if you are one of those using Google Chrome, as you go to different websites and bookmark them, your browser history and bookmarks will remain saved in your Gmail account (given that you have signed in using your Gmail username and password, prior to using Google Chrome) until and unless you delete them manually. To sign in:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the ‘Sign in’ button on the top-right corner of the page.
- Use your Gmail username and password to sign in.
Gmail history will come in handy if you wish to revisit the website from your mobile device that you have visited from your computer. To do this:
- Install Google Chrome in your mobile device from your respective app store if you don’t have it already.
- Open the app.
- At the beginning, you’ll be automatically prompted to sign in. If not, use the above procedure to sign in. Use your Gmail username and password to login.
- Then, tap the drop-down menu on the top-right corner of the page, and select setting. Make sure sync is on.
- After that, check your history by selecting ‘History’ option from the drop-down menu. It’ll take some time to load, but your Gmail history should appear.
Then, from the Gmail web history, you can select the website you’d like to revisit.
To view your bookmarks in your Gmail history:
- Tap the drop-down menu, and select ‘Bookmarks’ option.
- Then, tap the ‘Bookmarks’ link on the page to find the bookmarks you have created from your other device.
Share and Enjoy
Gmail notes app and extensions are seamless ways to add notes to your emails. You can annotate your emails right from the native Gmail interface, in an easy and intuitive way. Gnotes and Notes for GMail are made to run in Android and Computers respectively. Also, you can manually setup Gmail notes from your computer, and start creating notes for conversations in your inbox, e.g. scribbling text or adding pictures. This is done by adding a label or Gmail filter to a message.
To start using gmail notes app:
- First, you’ll need to install GNotes in your Android device from Google Play Store.
- When the download and install is complete, open the Gmail notes app.
- Then, click the ‘Setup’ button at the bottom of the page.
- After that, you can either sync notes with GNotes cloud, or sync notes with your email, which in this case is gmail.com. So, click the latter to continue.
- Tap ‘Grant’ button.
- On the box that opens, enter your Google email address and password and tap ‘Sign In’.
- Then, read the instructions if you like, and tap ‘Accept’ button to proceed.
Your notes in the GNotes will be synced to your email under the label ‘Notes’.
- Tap ‘Done’ to continue.
By doing this, a new label named ‘Notes’ will be created along the left side of your gmail account page.
Then, you can create a new note using the Gmail notes app (GNotes). To do this:
- Open GNotes app from your Android device.
- Tap the plus symbol on the top right corner of the page and start entering notes.
These notes will be synced between GNotes and your G mail account under ‘Notes’ label. Moreover, you can also send your emails or filter the emails into ‘Notes’ from the Gmail webpage or Gmail app which will appear in the Gmail notes app in your Android device, and you can add notes to the individual emails.
The changes can get synced once you open the Gmail notes app in your Android device, or when you sign in to your Gmail account. However, you can manually sync the contents by taping ‘sync’ from your mobile device.
Share and Enjoy
How To Gmail Undo Send Emails:
- First log into your Google.com ID and redirect yourself to your Gmail Inbox by clicking on the Gmail link.
- To send an e-mail from your G-mail Inbox, simply click on the ‘Compose’ button which is located right below Gmail on the top most left hand corner of your browser.
- First enter the recipient of the e-mail you will be sending an e-mail to. You can leave blank for the subject of the e-mail you will be sending.
- Then type in your message for the recipient.
- If you have files to attach to send to the recipient of the e-mail, you can do so and in the case the attachment exceeds the limit of 10 MB, you can send it via Google Drive.
- After all the necessary information is included in that e-mail, you would think of sending it. Hence you simply have to click on ‘SEND’ to send your e-mail.
- However if there is a chance that you made an error in the e-mail you have simply sent. This error could be that you entered the wrong recipient to get the e-mail or simply the wrong information might have been sent in that e-mail, etc. You can simply see the e-mail by clicking on your Outbox.
- There you can view that particular e-mail that contains the error. You can choose to delete it from your outbox however you can reverse the process of sending the e-mail and simply will have to resend the e-mail by correcting all errors and sending it again.
Remember sending erred e-mails can lead to consequences like sending case sensitive e-mails to wrong recipients which might leak confidential information even though it is not a deliberate error. In such, it would be better to write out the e-mail and save it into a Draft where you can review all the contents of the e-mail properly before deciding to send the e-mail so that you would avoid all the hassles of sanding an erred e-mail. Therefore, Gmail users should always remember that a sent e-mail cannot get unsend as Google.com does not offer that feature at all.
Gmail undo send is in fact impossible. Maybe in the future, gmail.com will implement this feature.
Share and Enjoy
ID means Identification Device which is used in almost every websites these days. ID is required for sign in process in order to access your account. Gmail ID is a unique identification code given to you by Gmail after you sign up for your Google account.
Remember that, Gmail ID is not only used to sign in to your Gmail account but can be used to log in to every other Google services including Gmail.com. Gmail ID is more of your Google ID which you can use to sign in for Google Drive, Google Docs, YouTube, Google +, Google Play and others. Your Gmail email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and your Gmail ID is only your username. During log in, you can only enter your Gmail ID on the Email field.
Users sometime forget their Gmail ID or password. But that is common. In that case, you can easily recover your Gmail ID or password. You just have to follow few simple steps marked by Gmail.com. In a same way, you can always change your Gmail ID or password if you want. Changing your ID and password provides you more security and account safety.
Once you have signed up for Google account, use your Gmail ID in order to log in to any of the Google services. Your Google account with Gmail ID will automatically expire in case of 9 months of inactivity. If there is no any activities from your account for up to 9 months or more than that, then Google will automatically delete your account. Logging in to the Gmail web interface is counted as an activity whether it is accessing your account via IMAP or through POP.
Share and Enjoy
A signature is a little information, usually your Name, or a favorite quote, or any information that you like, that is automatically added at the end of emails you send. Using Gmail Signature will cut the effort of typing your information every time, and make your emails look more professional, with links to your business websites and company logos.
Gmail Signature is available in web browsers and Gmail app in Android and iOS.
To create Gmail signature in PCs:
- Open gmail.com
- Sign in to Gmail account.
- Click the gear in the top right corner of the page.
- Select ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down to the ‘Signature’ section under General tab and enter your desired signature text in the box.
You can format your text using the buttons directly above the text box. Also, you can add links and images in your signature by using the respective buttons.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button at the bottom of the page.
Signatures from Gmail app is independent of any signature you append to messages you send from Gmail on the web. First, you’ll need to get the official Gmail app in your Android or iOS device if you don’t have one already.
To append Gmail Signature from Android:
- From the Gmail app, open your Inbox or another labeled list of conversations.
- Tap on Menu>More>Settings>Signature.
- Enter a signature.
- Touch ‘OK’ to save changes.
To create a Gmail mobile signature from iOS:
- Open Gmail app.
- Touch Menu
- Touch the gear icon .
If you have multiple accounts, make sure you’re in the right account before you touch the gear icon.
- Switch ‘Mobile Signature’ ON.
- Touch the text directly below ‘Mobile Signature’ to edit your signature text.
- Touch ‘Save’ to save changes.
If you already set up a Gmail signature while on a computer, your regular signature will be automatically attached to emails you send form the Gmail app unless you set up a mobile signature to use instead.
Share and Enjoy
Spam or Junk emails are virtually inevitable in any email system, unless you keep the account idle. Sometimes some unwanted subscriptions are very stubborn that you continue receiving ‘junk’ emails even after you unsubscribe. You can always mark the unwanted emails as ‘spam’ and directly send it to the Gmail Spam Folder without it appearing in your Inbox.
To send an email in the Inbox to Gmail Spam Folder, two easy steps will suffice:
- In the Inbox tab, click the small square on the left of the email that you consider junk.
Or open the email to check if it is actually a ‘spam’. More options will appear above the emails.
- Hover your mouse over the the icons above the emails and click on ‘Report Spam’ button.
This will remove all the emails from the sender in the Inbox and transfer them to the Spam Folder.
Incase you mark spam a not-spam email, you get an immediate ‘undo’ option to bring back the email to the Inbox folder.
And, if you are late to do the undo, and want to mark Spam folder mail as ‘not spam’, follow these simple steps:
- Find ‘Spam’ folder.
The Gmail Junk Folder is not visible by default. You’ll have to click ‘More’ (or you may need to scroll down) on the left side of the screen to make ‘Spam’ folder visible.
- Then, as previously stated, click on the small square beside the required email you thin is not Spam.
- A ‘Not spam’ button will appear above the mails. Click it to send it back to Inbox folder.
In case you forget to do the Not Spamming, you’ll have 30 days to do so. Messages that have been in Spam more than 30 days will be automatically deleted. Which is a good thing too. Spam messages will not accumulate, and you will not have to keep deleting them regularly.
Moreover, you can also create a filter in Gmail.com to send those unwanted messages from specific addresses or domains directly to the ‘Spam’ folder, never to be seen. You can download ‘Block Sender for Gmail’ gmail extension for your web browser, or Manually create a filter from Settings tab in Gmail.
Share and Enjoy
Keyboard shortcuts are fastest way to do things in a computer. The simple combination of keys help you save time by allowing you to never take your hands off the keyboard to use the mouse. For instance, simply pressing Ctrl+Enter, or ⌘ + Enter in Mac can be use to send a composed message. You can figure the time difference and ease of using the shortcut key and clicking the ‘send’ button. Or, the ease of using arrow keys to navigate through the page and Enter key to perform an action is way much quicker than using mouse.
You’ll need a Standard 101/102-Key or Natural PS/2 Keyboard to use the shortcuts.
Some Gmail keyboard shortcuts are pre-enabled, and others need to be enabled before you can use them.
Follow these simple steps to turn on the Gmail Keyboard shortcuts that are not already enabled.
- Sign in to your Gmail account using your Gmail ID and Password from the Gmail sign in page (www.gmail.com)
- Then click the gear icon on the top right corner of the page.
- Select ‘Settings’ option.
- Find the ‘Keyboard shortcuts’ section and select ‘Keyboard shortcuts on’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button at the bottom of the page.
Here’s a list of quick Gmail Keyboard Shortcuts that can come in handy. You can always look for more from ‘Learn More’ link from the step 4 mentioned above.
- C = Compose an email
- X = Select an email
- SHIFT+3 = Delete an email
- J = Move down through your inbox (NOTE: The DOWN arrow also works, but it does NOT work if you are in an open email. J works all around.)
- K = Move up through your inbox (see the above NOTE)
- GI = Go back to the inbox (GD = go to drafts, GT = go to trash)
- / = Search your email
- Q = Open the chat box
- L = Label an email
- V = Move an email to a folder
- E = Archive an email
- Z = Undo anything
Share and Enjoy