Gmail is a free of cost web based mail service provided by Google. Gmail is one of the most popular email client at present, providing its services to over 420 million customers around the globe in roughly 72 languages. Email service is one of the best means of communication for everyone, whether it is casual or official. But, like almost everything on the Internet, it is best to encrypt your Gmail email to protect your emails from malware and scams and of course prying eyes.
Google launched Gmail with the support of HTTPS and always uses encrypted connection for all inbox mails and sent emails in your web browser. You can also use third party clients which are designed for the sole purpose of email encryption. Email encryption tools encrypt your email so that, all your emails will be checked before sending them, and receiving them.
You can find numerous third party tools which you will have to download and install from the Internet. You can also find additional browser plug – ins which are extremely helpful for your email encryption. One of the best encryption systems for Gmail email is GPG Gmail encryption which is an open – source version of PGP encryption. PGP stand for Pretty God Privacy, and it actually is an understatement by programmer. PGP open source encryption has proven to be incredibly good and is yet to be cracked.
The Gmail encryption works with generally two keys; private key and public key. As the name states for itself, private key is the part of instruction which is kept private and is not shared with anyone, while the public key refers to the part of the encryption which is shared and can be made public. Basically, how the encryption works is; whenever you send the email, you encrypt your message with your pubic key, and they will be able to view it only after unlocking it with their private key. Similarly, any message you receive will be encoded with the public key and then you can unlock it with the private key.
Of course, the encryption only works, as long as you can trust that the email sender has sent you the right key which can be used to unlock the emails. It is one of the trusted system of encryption, and you can visit your browser extension store to install the plug in for your web browser.
Share and Enjoy
First of all, what we need to be clear on is; Gmail Drive is not Google Drive, not is it any kind of substitute name for the Google’s cloud storage service Google Drive. In fact, Gmail Drive pre-dates Google Drive in terms of its first launch. Gmail Drive is a free third – party Windows Shell namespace extension, or add-on to put in another terms, for Google’s Gmail. To use this add – on, users to need to have a Gmail email account. However, Gmail Drive is not supported by Google.
This add – on facilitates a user to access a virtual drive stored in a Gmail account by causing the contents of the Gmail account to appear as a new network share on the user’s work station. Gmail Drive was first launched in 2004 and had become fully functional by 2005, whereas Google’s Drive was published years later on April 24, 2012.
Gmail Drive, like every other online service requires Internet to operate. Users must have a Gmail account to use this service and all actions are performed over the Internet. Basically, what Gmail drive is it creates a virtual filesystem on top of the Gmail Account while also using the Inbox of the Gmail account to store files. With the virtual file system from Gmail Drive, users are allowed to directly save and retrieve files on the Gmail account from the Windows Explorer. Gmail drive, although creating a virtual drive does not come with drive letter, for example: C:\, but still lets users drag and drop files and create folders directly in the drive.
Any sort of action in the virtual drive automatically generates an Email in the normal Inbox of the Gmail account with an attachment of the “newly created folder or file”.
Gmail Drive can be used as a multi-user file server, but comes with certain restrictions, for example: the maximum size of attachments should not cross 25 MB mark.
Gmail Drive is an experimental package depending on but not provided by Google.
The Current Google Drive does not support accounts hosted with Google Apps. Also, overgenerous use of Gmail Drive may cause the temporary suspension of your Gmail account by Google.
Share and Enjoy
Gmail.com is a free web – mail service offered by Google. Launched as a competitor to long running email services offered by Microsoft, Yahoo and other companies, gmail was initially started as an invitation only service and later upgraded as a free registration for the general public. Gmail is one of the most popular Email service in the world at present, and is reported to host over 425 million users from around the world. Various features available with Gmail include, sending emails, attachments up to 25 mb, sharing photos and videos, integrations with other programs from Google apps suite, Google websites, cloud storage and so on.
This is a tutorial on Gmail create account ID.
- In the address bar of your web browser, type gmail.com.
- Once the page loads, click on Create an account to navigate to the page with an online registration form and start your sign up process.
- Here, fill in your personal information such as; first and last name, date of birth, gender, country of origin, new email id with domain @gmail.com, new password and so on.
- Once you have completed all the necessary criteria in the registration form, click on “Create my Account” at the bottom of the page below your registration form.
- Next, you will be provided with simple guidelines to complete your gmail account set up. Follow the instructions and you should have your account created within the next few minutes.
Once you have created your Gmail mailing account, follow these steps to log in with Gmail.
- Go to the website gmail.com on any of your web browsers.
- After the page loads, click on the link that says “Sign in” which should be located at the top right end of the page.
- On the right side of the screen, a log in box will appear. Fill in your previously created Gmail email id and your password and click on Sign In.
- You will then be logged in with your gmail account and are allowed to access all the free services allowed by Google.
Share and Enjoy
Gmail is one of the most popular web – based mailing service offered by Google. Gmail currently hosts over 400 million users from around the globe and is available in more than 72 languages. Along with many features from Gmail, which include sending emails, sharing photos and videos, attachments and so on, Out of Office Auto Reply from Google is another service that comes in handy. The service from Google is also called Gmail Vacation Responder. You will obviously let everyone know at home and at work if you are going on a vacation, but, what if you missed an important client or didn’t get enough time to inform your families abroad? Gmail Vacation Responder is for times like these, when we tend to make the humane mistakes.
To set up Google Vacation Responder or Out of Office Auto rely in Gmail, follow these steps.
- Once you have logged in with your Gmail account, click on Settings gear in Gmail.
- From the menu that appears, select settings.
- You will see that you are on the General tab. Now, look for the option that says “Out of office Auto Reply”.
- Turn on your Vacation Responder, by click on the check box that says “Out of Office Auto Reply On”.
- You can then enter the appropriate subject and type in the message body, this email will then be auto responded. It is probably best to include information about your return date and alternative means of contacting you while you are away.
- You can also set up the dates between which you want the Gmail Vacation Responder to be active. Messages will be automatically responded with the pre-set messages in the pre – set dates.
- Another option in the Gmail Vacation Responder is to choose to only respond to people in your contacts.
- Click on Save changes once you are done.
Gmail will auto send the messages at most every 4 days. Any messages regarded as spam and messages addressed to a mailing list you subscribe will not be sent. You can simply deactivate the Gmail Vacation Responder by clicking on the check box that says Out of office Auto-reply off, under the General tab in the settings.
Share and Enjoy
Google Voice is a telecommunications service offered by Google. The service was first launched on March 11, 2009. The service was released based on GrandCentral with features including voicemail transcriptions and SMS managing. Google has offered a wider range of services with Google Voice for the residents of USA and Canada.
The only requirements for the residents to be able to use Google voice is to have a registered account with Google. Google voice offers a list of phone numbers for users to choose from in selected area codes, which are of course free of charge to each user account. All the users of the Google voice app can answer or receive the call on any ringing phones or through the web based application of Google Voice. It is a must to have a US phone number before being able to activate their own Google Voice phone number.
The services provided by Google Voice are as follows:
- All the US and Canada residents are facilitated with unlimited free calls and SMS, each call will last 3 hours at a time.
- Making international calls will charge USD 0.01 per minute.
- Caller ID of the caller will be displayed on the receiver’s end.
- Users can also block calls from specified numbers, and the list of numbers verified by Google as telemarketers are pre – blocked.
- Google Voice calls can be answered on any configured phone and also, users can route calls.
- Google Voice can also be configured, so that users receive notifications of voice mail messages via email or SMS.
- Conference call and call recording.
- Customize contacts based on users’ preference and start and receive calls via voIP.
- Numbers can also be changed and ability to port mobile numbers is also possible, for a fee.
While users outside of US have also associated themselves with Google Voice services, the features available are limited and are charged while making calls to their own countries. Google Voice PC to Phone calling works only for United States and Canada.
Nevertheless, Google Voice is a remarkable service offered by Google, which is predicted to cover the whole world soon. Another service for chatting includes Gmail messenger.
Share and Enjoy
Gmail.com is a free of cost web – based mailing service, offered by Google. Gmail is one of the most popular web mail service in the world right now, with somewhere around 425 million active users worldwide. Google provides a wide variety of features for its user which include text messages, attach files up to 25 MB, search oriented interface, cloud storage, integration with other programs from Google apps suite and so on. G mail is available in more than 72 languages and region based websites are also available for non English speaking population.
This is a tutorial on how to register your Gmail account or in Turkish Gmail Kaydol.
- First of all, Open your web browser and go to the website accounts.google.com/signup for the English sign up page or go to https://accounts.google.com/signup?hl=tr to have the page in the Turkish language. Both of the pages are completely identical, apart from the difference in the language.
- You should now be presented with an online registration form once the page loads. Fill in your first and last name, gender, date of birth, phone number, new Email ID, new Password and so on in the given empty spaces accordingly.
- Once you are done, click on Create account at the bottom right of the page. You will then need to follow the simple guidelines provided by the page and you should have your account registered in no time.
Once you have registered with Gmail mailing service, you can follow these simple steps to log in.
- Open your web browser and in the address bar, type gmail.com. Normally, the page would be displayed in English but if you have changed the language settings in your browser, then you should be able to see the Turkish Gmail page. You can also go to the link https://www.gmail.com/intl/tr/mail/help/about.html to have the page in Turkish.
- Once on the page, you will see a log in box at the right side of the page. Fill in your previously registered Gmail account email ID and password in the empty boxes.
- After you are done, click on Sign In.
Share and Enjoy
Gmail.com is one of the world’s largest web based mailing service with over 400 million users, offered by Google. Gmail comes with a variety of features, which include the anti-virus scanner. As the name states, the anti – virus scanner from Gmail is meant to scan all the incoming and outgoing files for infected files. While, it does sound very useful, it can be a hassle at times, as Gmail will not allow you to send any “zip” files. Google simply blocks the upload of the file and notifies you saying that the file cannot be attached due to security reasons, or somewhere along those lines. No any scans or anything, you just simply won’t be able to upload them as it is. Here are few tricks of how to get around the restriction and send your zip file.
- The best way to send the zip compressed files is to rename the file extension while uploading it. The receiver at the other end will need to change the extension back before being able to use it. For example: rename .zip to .zzz.
You could also rename the attachment as a whole with instructions for the receiver on how to properly use it. For example: rename abc.zip to abc.zip.removeme.
- Free file hosting clients like Rapidshare and Megaupload can be used to upload your profile. And send the download link via Gmail.
- If you are to send the multiple files, use the process explained in step no. 1 and rename your zip file. All .exe files are also blocked by Gmail even though the files are password protected.
- A substitute for using the .zip files could be using a different software like WinRAR. The files are compressed in .rar formats and for the timing users are allowed to attach the files and send it via Gmail account.
Note: Personally, I would suggest everyone to use the first method, as it is not in violation of any rules and regulations from Google. It is illegal in terms of Google’s policies to send any infected files, and any violation of Google’s terms of service might result in your account getting permanently terminated too.
Share and Enjoy
Gmail is a free of cost web based mailing service provided by Google.With the hope of connecting with students and staffs better, many universities globally have switched to Google Apps suite with the use of the Gmail service. Texas A&M University also joins the long list of universities and companies which have recently handed over their email hosting to Gmail.
TAMU has moved on to Google Apps suite at TAMU with the goals to provide a better platform to educate, communicate and collaborate among students and staffs. All the members of the university are allowed to access the Google Apps @ TAMU with their Internet connected system, by visiting the website google.tamu.edu. To sign in with google.tamu.edu, all students must use their TAMU Username and password. Since, TAMU Gmail has only recently handed over their email hosting to Google, all the old students will have two IDs, Gmail and TAMU user ID, while the new students will only need to have a Gmail ID.
The primary object of TAMU Gmail at focusing on the Google Apps suite is to make it easier for both faculty staffs and students to communicate, discuss meetings, share schedules and educate. TAMU representative have reportedly said that TAMU might even attempt to arrange classes simply via Google Hangouts without having to hold office hours.
As students and other members might have a fair amount of question regarding the switch, the main reasons for this action are:
- Gmail service comes with one of the best spam filters and virus protection for all the emails.
- Google is never going to sell any data from any users. So, it’s pretty safe.
- Google Apps @ TAMU include Google Docs, TAMU Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Hangouts along with the Google websites.
- TAMU has currently provided 1 GB of free space, which will increase up to 30 GB.
Share and Enjoy
Gmail.com is a free of cost webmail service offered by Google. Gmail is one of the most popular emailing services used for personal purposes and business around the globe. Gmail service is available as a part of Google Apps suite along with other features like Docs, Gmail Calendar offered from Google. Google being the number one search engine, use of Gmail has made it easier to share files, schedules among colleagues, students with a Gmail account. A large number of companies and universities have switched to using Gmail officially, which includes gmail RIT, Rochester Institute of Technology. RIT has decided Gmail to be their official Emailing platform as the sync with other widely used programs from Google Apps suite such as, Calendar, Google Talk, Google Docs are much easier and requires less maintenance.
RIT has urged all the members of the institute, staffs and students to use Google Apps @ RIT with the aim to provide an easy platform to educate, communicate and collaborate. Students and staffs can access Google Apps at RIT through the web at any hour of the day by visiting the website google.rit.edu.
All members will be required to use their RIT computer account username and password to login with google.rit.edu. For any non – web access, all members will need to use their Google username and password. Google username is in the form of email@example.com. Its best to use different passwords for RIT user ID and Google user ID as Google password is sent to Google for verification.
The goal of Gmail RIT encouraging the members of the institute to use Google Apps @ RIT is to create a familiar platform where everyone would easily be able to discuss meetings, share schedules, arrange meetings, collaborate and educate.
As members using other forms of email could be reluctant to switch to a new interface, RIT has taken an effort to point out the benefits, they are:
- Google provides 7 + GB of free storage to every account holder.
- Spam filters and virus protection are top of the line and will help to keep your emails secure.
- Security is guaranteed with Google as Google will never sell any of the members’ data.
- The Google services offered by Google Apps @ RIT include Google Docs, Google Talk, Google Calendar, Gmail RIT along with Google sites.
- There will be no any advertisements bothering you with RIT Gmail account.
You can even get to know about Gmail NCSU if you want.
Share and Enjoy
Gmail has certainly grown to be one of the most used Email application, and with everyone using Google, Gmail has been most common and made it easier to share files and schedules among account holders. A large of companies and universities have switched to using Gmail, which includes NCSU, North Carolina State University. NCSU has declared Gmail to be most used Email platform among staffs and students as integration with services like Calendar, Google Docs, and Emails are significantly easier and require less maintenance.
NCSU has encouraged students and staffs to use Google Apps @ NC State with the aim to provide all members an easy platform to educate, communicate and collaborate. Google Apps Username for NC sstate will be in the format GoogleApps@NCstateUsername, eg: UnityID@ncsu.edu.
NC state has encouraged all its staff members and students to use the web based Gmail instead of other desktop emails such as Outlook, Thunderbird, and the feedbacks have been positive due to its user friendly interface and easy integration with Google apps suite, which include Google Calendar, Docs and other Google sites. Scheduling dates for appointments, meetings and sharing files and editing them have been lot easier with programs offered by Google like Calendar and Docs.
As students and staff members using other forms of email could be reluctant to switch to a new interface, Gmail NCSU has taken an effort to point out the benefits, they are:
- 7 + GB of email storage per account provided by Google.
- Top of the line virus protection and spam filters.
- NC state-centered collaborative tools
- Gmail NCSU members will be able to use the same old email address, eg: unityID@ncsu.edu.
- Guaranteed safety, as Google will never sell your data.
- NCSU will soon be transferring a wide variety of university tools to Google Apps.
- No any advertisements will bother you in the NC State Google apps account, unlike the regular Gmail account.
- Better email storage and overall facilities in comparison to any other Email. Also, around $60k is estimated to be saved.
NCSU will soon be migrating a handful of their tools to Google Apps @ NC state, so its best and a wise choice for all the members to switch to NCSU Google apps, which is guaranteed to make the day to day activities easier for every one.
Share and Enjoy